Energy Sustainability & Infrastructure Director
Job Description Overview
Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse. Responsibilities
- Business Development: Build on existing network of relationships to identify and respond to business development opportunities. Work with client teams in Chicago, the mid-west, and mid-Atlantic through the entire process of pursuit, proposal development, and final client presentation.
- Market Presence: Follow local policy and regulatory developments. Be active in local industry events and associations.
- Collaboration and Communication: Work collaboratively as part of a larger team. Communicate work effectively to a variety of audiences, both internal and external. Manage and mentor junior member of the team.
- Project Management and Delivery: Manage the entire lifecycle of client engagements: develop scope and work plan at the beginning of the engagement, manage execution (including management of the project team, schedule and budget), ensure client satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Economics, Engineering, or other related discipline.
- At least 8 years of experience working at an electric or gas utility, or a professional services company operating in the electric and gas utility space.
- Target experience working with major IOUs in the mid-west and mid-Atlantic
- Familiarity with current energy policy and regulatory landscape in mid-west and mid-Atlantic.
- Experience in leading and managing teams and delivering against tight deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Effective in networking and capable of developing and maintaining relationships with clients.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, and advanced presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described. Disclaimer
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program