JBG - Careers - VP, Income Tax Compliance in Bethesda, Maryland | Careers at JBG SMITH, Human Resources Skip Branding JBG - Careers - VP, Income Tax Compliance in Bethesda, Maryland | Careers at JBG SMITH, Human Resources Skip to Main Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in!
VP, Income Tax Compliance
ID 2021-4219 Location US-MD-Bethesda Type Full-time
The Tax Department is seeking a motivated team player to fill the roll of Vice President, Income Tax Compliance. This position reports to the Executive Vice President of Tax and will own the implementation and management of the Company’s income tax compliance. This candidate will also be responsible for the review and coordination of tax provisions and tax sections of SEC filings for complex taxable REIT subsidiary. This position also requires excellent organizational skills, research skills, critical thinking, and the ability to prioritize work to coincide with internal and external deadlines. Our VP, Income Tax Compliance will have frequent interaction with all levels of internal employees, as well as outside consultants (tax advisors, auditors, legal counsel, etc.). As such, the position provides exposure to all facets of the Companies operations and management.
- Working with outside service providers, manage all US, state and local tax filings
- Review and coordinate tax provisions and tax sections of SEC filings for complex taxable REIT subsidiary
- Review federal and state tax returns for partnerships and corporations
- Review quarterly and annual projected taxable income calculations for partnerships and corporations
- Coordinate the federal and state quarterly estimated tax payments and extensions
- Coordinate earnings & profits calculation for dividend classification 1099-DIV reporting
- Coordinate filing of Form 1099-DIV with the transfer agent
- Coordinate and review complex partner allocations and partner correspondence with outside service providers
- Coordinate and review state apportionment and state non-resident partnership withholding
- Responsible for management and maintenance of Tax Department SharePoint site
- Responsible for quarterly and year end detailed compliance tracker and work assignments
- Manage junior members of the internal tax team
- Working with tax, IT, and accounting teams, automate tax processes to gain efficiencies and improve tax risk management
- Stay abreast of tax law changes in the Company’s jurisdictions to ensure compliance with laws and to ensure optimal use and application of such laws
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Certified Public Accountant required
- 8 to 10 years’ experience, with a combination of Big Four and in-house experience preferred
- Previous tax provisioning experience required
- Well-developed analytical, interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Previous management experience preferred
- Previous experience managing outside service providers
- Partnership and REIT experience, preferred
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required
- Experience using Yardi and/or BNA Fixed Assets, preferred
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.
Apply for this job online Apply Share Refer this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading...
- Share this job on your Social Network! | More
Software Powered by iCIMS