Seeking Candidates for our Maintenance Technician Position!
Central City Management, is currently seeking professional, highly motivated, friendly individuals to fill a Full-Time Maintenance Technician position.
Our ideal candidates will be a self-starter capable of working independently, have outstanding customer service and must have good organization abilities, follow-up skills, and attention to details both in their work and when communicating with our residents and other team members. Our ideal candidates must be able to address the concerns and maintenance needs of our properties in a friendly and professional manner.
Our maintenance technicians must be experienced and capable of handling various duties including, but not limited to:
- Perform all general & routine maintenance at the properties
- Must have basic plumbing & electrical skills
- Including changing out Sloan toilet parts, troubleshooting hot water thanks, changing water valves, supply lines, faucets and working knowledge on sweating pipes
- Ability to change switches & outlets, troubleshooting trip breakers, ability to identify wiring, ability to install ceiling fixtures (track lights, recessed lights, ceiling fans, sconces, etc.) Beginner knowledge on how to bend pipes, move boxes, run new wiring for a new location.
- Must have general appliance repair capability
- Must have carpentry skills including: ability to install medicine cabinets & vanities, install locks, blinds, doors, ability to install tile on the floor and/or walls, knowledge on dealing with window repair parts such as pivot shoes and balance rods. Ability to install kitchen cabinets preferred, but not required.
- Must have HVAC knowledge, including the ability to troubleshoot furnace malfunctions, knowledge of A/C cooling systems, basic knowledge of boilers and chillers. Ability to maintain, install, and repair air conditioning, ventilation, and heating systems.
- HVAC certification preferred, but not required
- Handle work to complete unit turnovers
- Maintains a service-oriented environment by demonstrating a professional appearance and attitude
- Physically walk and inspect the properties to make note/report areas of concern and correct deficiencies
- Handle “on-call” duties on a rotating basis and for emergencies
- Rotating on-call every 4 weeks (Monday-Monday)
- Ensures the completion of service requests/work orders
- Complete preventative maintenance tasks as assigned
- Perform make-ready assignments in vacated apartments
- Follow safety guidelines in accordance with company policy and standards
- Performs any additional duties assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Management
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must be detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrate regular attendance and punctuality
- HVAC & Electrical certifications are preferred, but not required!
- Be able to use cellphone to complete work orders via software.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Available and able to work Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Must be available for on-call duties on a rotating basis and for emergencies
- Rotating on-call every 4 weeks (Monday – Monday)
A minimum of 1+ years of experience as a Maintenance Technician is required. Previous multi-family housing experience is preferred; however, we will train the otherwise qualified candidate.
Our progressive organization offers a competitive compensation of $25/hour, generous paid time off, and paid company holidays
Pre-employment drug and background screenings are required.
Interested Candidates please send your resume or letter of interest with contact information by responding directly to this job posting!
At Central City Management we believe that diversity fuels innovation. Central City Management is committed to equal employment opportunities and we support an inclusive workplace where our members excel based on personal merit, qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Related Searches: Maintenance, Maintenance Technician, Customer Service, Property Management, Real Estate