The Social Worker is a member of the Student Support Team, and successful candidates are those excited to work in a dynamic school environment that values collaboration and teamwork. This position requires a great deal of case management, referral management and coordination with other staff, adult supporters, and community agencies. Bilingual candidates (English/Spanish, English/French) are preferred.
All staff acknowledge that we will each seek – through formal and informal feedback – to dramatically improve our own progress and that of our scholars.
In collaboration with the other Social Worker(s):
- Be the clinical part of the Student Support Team, provide consult to SS staff assisting scholars with or without IEPs and 504s in crisis (both in the moment and with appropriate follow up) and with ongoing behavioral interventions;
- Create personal, warm relationships with all scholars, even those that are not targeted for social work intervention, sending a clear message that the academic work is central to the mission of the school and all relationships in the school are in place to support the academic success of scholars in college and post-secondary endeavors.
- Work collaboratively with BEST teams and outside psychologists to acquire assessments and higher level of care for scholars;
- Outreach to parents and adult supporters to discuss and address clinical needs of scholars;
- Manage intakes and reporting, including counseling intakes and Medicaid paperwork;
- Assist staff and personnel who have heard scholar disclosures with managing, processing and dealing with confidential and privileged information that scholars may disclose;
- Coordinate and case manage scholars hospitalized or in other residential settings or treatment programs;
- Attend IEP and other meetings to assess and address scholars in need of or receiving special education services;
- Design and implement social-emotional support groups addressing needs identified in current scholar body;
- Provide psycho-education to personnel regarding social and emotional disabilities and well-being;
- Report to the Director of School Culture. Meet weekly with the Director of School Culture for supervision, which includes consulting about any mental health issues that may affect scholar attendance or disciplinary consequences;
- Collect all data relative to Social Work, use this data to support scholar achievement and organizational strategies and share data with staff as part of Professional Development;
- Work with school nurse and Student Support Team regarding medication issues, scholars who are pregnant, and scholars with chronic illnesses;
- Support new scholar orientations and occasional Student Support Center shifts.
- Work as part of Student Support Team during summer: retention work, re-engagement work, training new staff, etc.
- Participate in all meetings with Student Support Team to ensure Phoenix scholar support growth goals are being met.
- Commit to growing professionally through consistent and constant feedback and reflection; remain humble and relentless. Be committed to professionally developing through feedback, tackling challenging tasks, and professional development meetings/trainings.
- Education: Master's in Related Subject (School Psychology or Counseling)
- Years of Experience: 2+ Preferred (May include Practicum and related graduate fieldwork)
- Licensure: School Social Worker/School Adjustment Counselor (MA License, Initial or Professional)
THE RECRUITING NETWORK (TRN)
is a corporate search firm specializing in the Healthcare and Consumer Products industry. The category emphasis for most of our search is in Allied care. We are focused on Respiratory/Sleep Lab, Occupational/Physical Therapy, Lab Tech/Lab Management, Pharmacy, Radiology/Imaging, Nurse/Nurse Management, Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant, Hospice/Home Health/Skilled Nursing and all aspects of Management/Executive Healthcare recruitment. We also recruit Physicians for private practice and Hospitalists for our clients.
Our organization is committed to excellence in recruitment. With our staff of experienced recruiters, we provide each client with a vast knowledge of the industry and the tools necessary to be competitive in your important search.