This position is primarily responsible for handling and completing all assigned installation projects; meeting the requirements of the contract documents, company standards and the project schedule. This position is also responsible for handling and completing all assigned service work as defined by assigned Service Work Authorizations by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
100% travel required.
• Installs, maintenance, tests, troubleshoots, and repairs equipment in the field to ensure optimum usage and quality.
• Relies on pre-established guidelines and works independently to perform the functions and duties of the position.
• Prioritize tasks and make decisions within guidelines
• Installs projects within estimated costs.
• Accounts for all material consumed whether from a job lot or service inventory.
• Manages and coordinates subcontractor as required.
• Maintains a professional appearance.
• Adheres to dress code standards.
• Ensures written and verbal communication is professional.
• Maintains professional relationship with customer.
• Meets schedules and deadlines and keep commitments.
• Submits all documentation in a timely fashion.
• Submits timely and accurate time sheets and expense reports.
• Ensures information is adequate for cost control and billing.
• Promptly submits completed Service Work Authorizations.
• Promptly submits completed installation project reports.
• Identifies and resolves problems with the quality of equipment and/or software.
• Identifies and resolves problems with the perception of the customer and peers.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Pipe fitting related gas plumbing
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Order Processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Plumbing and electrical experience
• Property maintenance/service background
• Time management skills
• Ability to work independently
• Mechanically inclined and a high degree of technical aptitude
• Knowledge of power and hand tools
• Must be able to troubleshoot equipment to determine what should be repaired/replaced
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud