We are currently seeking a qualified Maintenance Tech for our property in San Diego. This is a full-time position with full benefits. Compensation is based upon experience.
A qualified candidate will have excellent customer service skills, 3-5 years’ experience in apartment maintenance, problem-solving skills, and precise communication skills. As a Maintenance, you will be directly working with all technical aspects of our apartment community.
* Responds and coordinates work orders
* Plumbing: Replace faucets, snake drains, install toilet valves
* Carpentry: hang windows and doors, repair hinges, repair/replace door/window locks
* Paint and patch walls and performs and maintains records of all building and fire and life safety, operational equipment preventive maintenance/scheduled building preventative maintenance.
* Orders supplies, scheduled vendors, and is in charge of inventory control
* Conduct visits to properties to ensure consistency and a positive work environment.
* Inspects units during monthly pest control. Notes the condition of the unit
* Respond to building emergencies on after-hours on-call schedule
PERFORMANCE MEASURES :
• Completes work assignments within established time frames
• Replace angle stops, rebuild flushing mechanisms in toilets, replace faucets, change seats, stems or washers
• Plunge and or auger toilets, removing and replacing if necessary.
• Extract water from flooded apartments and set up carpet fans
• Replace light fixtures, ballasts, switches, and plugs.
• Replace locks, cabinet hardware, blinds, shelving, and fixtures
• Rekey locks and manage key inventory.
• Patch drywall; apply matching texture, prime and paint to match existing surfaces seamlessly
• Unclog toilets, tubs, bathroom sinks, kitchen sinks
• Diagnose mechanical items in a kitchen and determine if it can be repaired or replaced
• Diagnose and repair as necessary; water heater system and ventilation systems
• Track parts or materials used in repairs by self and others, track stock in inventory and assets in apartments
• Develop, implement and track a preventative maintenance program
• Track and report vacant unit turnover time, minimize operating costs while maintaining the property in excellent condition
• Communicate difficult and complex issues with peers, supervisors and corporate staff as appropriate
• Identify issues and problems and recommend and implement solutions
• Maintain a high level of productivity
SKILL SET (REQUIRED SKILLS AND OTHER FACTORS FOR JOB SUCCESS)
• Knowledgeable in all aspects of building systems
• Experience with all applicable tools and materials, Performs manual labor requiring basic knowledge of cleaning techniques
• Devises and implements new solutions and processes
• Written and oral communication skills
• Responsive to internal and external customer needs
• Must meet physical requirements attached, maintains professional boundaries when interacting with residents
• Follows company policies and procedures at all times
• All essential functions must be performed with or without reasonable accommodation