The Mobile Trailer Technician is responsible for performing preventative maintenance procedures and minor repairs on semi-truck trailers with little or no supervision. Such procedures/repairs include Federal Highway Inspections, light welding, brake repair, electrical system repair, minor body repairs, and tire & wheel repair.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Meets daily with Service Manager and other operations personnel to discuss filling upcoming orders and demands for equipment.
· Uses repair orders to record all work performed and submits a list of equipment numbers completed each day.
· Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local government and company standards for reliability and safety.
· Oversees shipping/receiving responsibilities, including inspecting, storing, and retrieving inventory.
· Drives and spots equipment in yard.
· Reports all costs of equipment added to fleet.
· Responsible for the repair and maintenance of class 8 trailers.
· Logs hours spent on repairs.
· Fabricates and welds, custom designs and installs interiors into trailers.
· Works in a safe manner.
· Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or two years verifiable equipment maintenance related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience in equipment maintenance and repair.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Strong work ethic and a desire to succeed.
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Attention to detail and highly organized.
· One to two years welding experience including fabrication of metal parts and assemblies.
· 1 Plus years of experience performing FHWA Inspection.
· 1 Plus years of experience Troubleshooting and repairing ABS.
· 1 Plus years of experience Troubleshooting, repairing and replacing brake components.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Communicates with a wide range of individuals from yard staff to upper management.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee regularly is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Must operate equipment such as phone, computer, copy machine, fax machine, fork truck, yard goat, hand tools, welding equipment and refrigerated trailers.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS
A valid driver’s license issued in state of employment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to working near moving mechanical parts, working in high precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee will be exposed to extremes in temperature and environmental conditions. The employee may work in a shop, yard or out of a mobile service vehicle.
The candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test.
Mckinney Trailer Rentals is an Equal Opportunity Employer