Rapidly growing company is seeking experienced chemical operators. Great benefits, free lunch, and gym on-site. We are making a difference during COVID.
- (Tuesday-Friday, 5:45 pm to 6:00 am) for a total of 47 hours/week (40 regular and 7 OT)
Position Overview and Expectations
The Chemical Operator is responsible for weighing, mixing, batching, and recording material to make product as specified.
- Read batch cards and record all information required, both written and electronically within the ERP systems
- Measure amounts of products or weights of filled containers to ensure conformance to specifications
- Mix ingredients according to specified procedures and formulas
- Operate various pieces of process equipment related to the specific job function such as batch tanks, blenders, pumps, compressors, etc.
- Observes production and monitors equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation
- Routinely works from formulas, charts, tables, and schedules.
- Reads gauges and charts and records all data/work in required log(s)
· Follows Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions
Cleaning of processing equipment, including lines, parts and vessels/tanks, etc.
· Performs routine inspection of equipment, such as pumps, mixers, agitators, compressors, etc. and record data as required
- Understands and routinely practices cGMP, FDA and Environmental, Health and Safety Regulations
· Safely operates overhead equipment such as jib and bridge cranes
- Maintains good attendance and covers for others in their absence
· Additional duties/ad hoc projects as assigned/requested by management
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Fluent with the English language
- Ability to understand and follow procedures/directions both written and verbal
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to be available to work overtime as needed
- Math skills – Ability to convert lbs., grams, kilos, ounces, liters, etc... utilizing basic math skills
- Basic computer user skills
- Basic knowledge working with MS Office (Word, Excel, PP, Outlook)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Organized and high attention to detail
- Ability to operate basic hand tools
- Chemical operator experience – 1-2 years
- Forklift experience – 0 to 2 years
· Leadership capabilities
· Mechanical capability/aptitude
Our client is a New Jersey manufacturer. NJMEP is a private, not-for-profit organization that improves the profitability and competitiveness of New Jersey’s manufacturers. Our goal is to support our clients by finding outstanding direct hire candidates to fill open positions.