Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 6673
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Warehouse / Distribution
Work Location : Atlanta, GA (Whse)
State or Province : Georgia (US-GA)
Potential Work Location : United States : Georgia : Atlanta
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises, plans and coordinates the activities of the facility maintenance department involving repairs to the building structure and facility equipment to ensure optimum service levels are maintained.
- Establishes preventive maintenance programs for new equipment and manages current preventive maintenance programs.
- Manages the daily activities of the custodial associates.
- Manages the spare parts inventory for facility equipment.
- Shares "best practices" with other CFCs.
- Promotes safe work practices.
- Ensures building is operational regarding climate control and OSHA standards.
- Establishes relationships with various departments by participating on cross-functional teams.
- Maintains log of hazardous materials.
- Ensures evacuation procedures are in place.
- Supports associate involvement in safety through team engagement in the Safety Culture.
- Actively engages in continuous improvement efforts within the department using assessment tools to mitigate risk.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC's mission.
- Performs all duties inherent in the role of MSC Manager as defined in the MSC Code of Conduct including hiring, termination, review and development of associates.
- Participates in formulating the annual operating expense and capital budget for facility equipment.
- Participates in cross-functional teams.
- Performs pest removal, as necessary.
- Performs electrical and mechanical repairs, as necessary.
- In order to meet customer service requirements, associates can be temporarily re-assigned to other warehouse functions.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or the equivalent required.
- Minimum of three years job-related experience required.
- Basic knowledge of computers required.
- Excellent knowledge of industrial electrical systems, motors, starters, and switch gears required.
- Excellent mechanical ability with bearings, shafts, speed reducers, sprinkler systems, and other similar systems required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including on-call status required.
- Ability to provide technical information to maintenance team regarding equipment and projects required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills required.
- Knowledge of HVAC systems preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Bending to lift items from the floor and racks required.
- Lifting items between 25 and 50 pounds required.
- Ability to operate at heights up to 50 feet required.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time required.
- Ability to be on call required
- Position may require a valid states driver's license.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That's how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta