Job DescriptionDon't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.Position Overview:
The purpose of the Payroll Software and Customer Service Representative (Account Manager I) is to resolve client payroll and HR system issues and retain clients by providing outstanding customer service through basic technical knowledge, effectively leveraging available resources, and prioritizing issues. The Account Manager is the primary point of contact within a team supporting a client base. This role takes full responsibility for the client relationship and on average has a book of business between $500k- 1 million and between 50-150 small to mid-size clients.Location: Phoenix, AZ (currently Work From Home)Reports To: Client Services Team LeadCompensation: $19.50 to $21.50 depending on EDU and Experience. Schedule: The working hours for this position are Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 6:00pm (local time) March - November and 10:00am - 7:00pm (local time) November - March (per Daylight Savings Time). CLIENT SERVICE EXPECTATIONS:
ACCOUNT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Dependability/ Follow Up: Timely responsiveness & proactive follow up
- Problem Solve: Troubleshoot and problem solve leveraging knowledge, resources, qualitative and quantitate information
- Communication: Provide professional & appropriate internal/ external communication as well as progress updates to all stakeholders
- Guidance: Provide clients guidance on HR and Payroll best practices, organizational change management, and Paylocity product fit
- Implement and optimize products: Ability to implement ancillary products and optimize primary HCM set up
- Issue Resolution - Able to be available on a consistent basis, manage workload to maintain availability, problem solve, troubleshoot & effectively resolve issues for the client; escalate when needed
- Client Focus - Baseline service level is seen via Quality Assurance assessments and Team Lead and Manager feedback including (1) creating rapport (2) appropriate sense of urgency and tone (3) understanding the question (4) and effective interactions, guides, and client instructions
- Focus on the timely and successful delivery of solutions - according to client needs and objectives meet SLAs and key internal client service metrics including availability, outbound adherence, first call resolution, escalations, client retention, etc. as monitored by Leadership Team; leverages metrics to understand performance, adjust behaviors and identify where additional support is needed
- System Capability - Ability to navigate w/in systems including Web Pay, Web Time, Desk, IC (phones), Service Bureau, Portal, Compass, Admin Guides and to continually build the knowledge base to best serve the client
- Leverage Resources - Appropriately & effectively use resources to find and validate answers, resolve, and document issues in a way that adheres to payroll policies and ensures seamless client support. Listens to feedback, seeks to understand and adjusts behaviors as needed
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in customer service or previous client interfacing role
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Pass job-dependent Final Exam at training end
Our journey forward:
- Bachelor's Degree
- CPP, FPC, APA, and/or SHRM-CP certified
- Experience in payroll and/or call center environment
- Proficient in Excel
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity
In response to COVID-19 & Paylocity's commitment to keeping our employees safe, our Client Services Representatives are currently working remotely. Client Services Representatives will onboard and receive training remotely. In the future, this role will be required to work onsite, as outlined by the department, once local government orders indicate that it is possible in addition to when Paylocity determines it is safe to do so.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
If you are a Colorado resident, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon your request. You may contact [email protected]
As of April 6, 2021: This job excludes CO applicants