Career Group: Distribution Centre Careers
Job Category: Inventory Control
Travel Requirements: 0 - 10%
Please note, this is a permanent FT position on Nightshift (11PM - 7AM).
Our family of 127,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawton’s Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Provide accuracy between listed products and physical quantities in the RSC. Investigate and report all irregularities and make the correct adjustments when required. Actively contribute to a positive and productive working environment.
• Cycle count product to ensure accuracy between EXE and the physical quantities in the RSC
• Investigate large adjustments as required
• Process store claims when required
• Investigate missed letdowns
• Keep aisles and walls free of pallets of product and loose cases
• Adhere to, and implement all applicable company safety standards
• Maintain sanitation standards
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Other duties as requested by the Inventory Control Manager
• A minimum of six months experience in a retail support centre
• Previous inventory control experience
• High School Diploma
• Certificate/ Diploma in Inventory Control
• Physical work including frequent bending, lifting, and reaching
• Occasionally lift over 88 lbs
• Two person lift required for weights exceeding 50 lbs
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
• Possible exposure to extreme temperatures
• Alertness to other people and vehicles
• Various shifts including evenings and weekends
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.