Headquartered in Santa Barbara, California, Sientra is a diversified global medical aesthetics company and a leading partner to aesthetic physicians. The Company offers a suite of products designed to make a difference in patients' lives by enhancing their body image, growing their self-esteem, and restoring their confidence. Sientra has developed a broad portfolio of products with technologically differentiated characteristics, supported by independent laboratory testing and strong clinical trial outcomes.
Our leadership is driven by decades of experience and skill that help bring your goals and aesthetic visions to life. We believe that shared expertise and values are essential components of success. We are seeking exceptionally talented and motivated people to join our team. If you are looking for a career that is both challenging and rewarding, and to work for a company at the forefront of the aesthetic industry, please check out our available opportunities. We look forward to hearing from you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Process Engineer is primarily responsible to provide technical assistance and engineering support to the manufacturing group. Additionally, improve existing processes, develop new and cost effective manufacturing concepts as well as train production operators, mentor process technicians and engage maintenance personnel in resolving process, material, mold, tooling and equipment problems using systematic methods of troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and irreversible corrective action implementation. Process Engineers are assigned to support a specific area such as molding, extrusion or assembly.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Improve existing processes, develop new and cost-effective manufacturing concepts, lead scrap reduction teams through lean methodologies, and actively participate in value improvement projects.
- Provide technical assistance, process development and engineering support to the manufacturing floor to include extruding, molding, assembly, and packaging areas to ensure timely delivery of product while meeting customer expectations on cost and quality.
- Train production operators, mentor process technicians and engage maintenance personnel in resolving process, material, mold, tooling and equipment problems using systematic methods of troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and irreversible corrective action implementation.
- Support flawless launch activities through active participation in FMEA, PFD, part and tool design reviews, Kaizen and other cross-functional team events.
- Execute validation and qualification (IQ/OQ/PQ) protocols for new product, equipment, tooling and processes. Follow SOP on re-validation of existing equipment, tooling and processes.
- Work closely with Project Engineers in developing processes that meet customer expectations on cost, quality and delivery of new product development.
- Document lessons learned and report status of all projects and assignments in a timely manner.
- Generate, update and implement process documentation, to include ECO’s, operator work instructions, manufacturing procedures, sample requests, process, inspection and troubleshooting guides.
- Close assigned CAPA’s in a timely manner.
- Complete project and report status in a timely manner. Utilize project management tools in establishing timelines, building action item list and completing milestones.
- Understand and follow the SOP’s pertaining to the specific area.
- Understand and follow the Work Instructions pertaining to the specific area
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering with a focus on Polymer Science, or related field
- At least 3 years experience in manufacturing environment preferably in medical devices with hands on responsibility for processes.
- Experience in thermoset or thermoplastics extrusion, molding and/or assembly process for medical devices is preferred.
- Experience with root cause analysis
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt (strongly preferred)
- Lean Manufacturing (strongly preferred)
- Excellent (written and verbal) communication and effective human interaction skills.
- Flexible to change, and possess a high degree level of integrity and “can do attitude”.
- Willing to work in a team environment and contribute to group goals
- Ability to receive and provide instructions in a positive manner.
- Able to comprehend college algebra, college physics, basic chemistry, statistics and unit conversion.
This description contains the essential functions necessary to evaluate the position. It is not intended and should not be used as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills or efforts.