Apply now Job no: 513695
Work type: Contract
Categories: Management, Group Legal & Risk
Office Location: Jersey
Job Position: Compliance Specialist
TMF Group in Jersey are currently seeking an accomplished and focused compliance specialist to join its expanding team.
- Drive consistency and excellence across TMF’s Channel Island offering;
- Act as the SME for Risk & Compliance matters in various workstreams;
- Identify and actively manage the interdependencies between the compliance, operational transformation and technology work streams;
- Partner with business stakeholders and IT to identify, develop and implement technology solutions as required for compliance and operations;
Provide process and business leadership in integration work streams. Activities include:
- Assess systems and capabilities
- Assess any proposed changes in systems and controls to ensure those changes continue to meet local regulatory requirements
- Partners with business stakeholders, operations team and IT with respect to all matters of the compliance and operations
- Manages the relationship with business stakeholders and IT with respect to all matters of the compliance and operations; and
- Assist the Director of Risk and Compliance CI with projects and priorities as required.
- Builds and maintains relationships at all levels across the Group.
- Develops strong internal and external networks to drive local strategy.
- Is articulate and able to communicate complex ideas in simple easy to understand manner.
- Will challenge constructively and make difficult decisions.
- Recognised internally as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in their specialist area and is fully knowledgeable on the day-to-day activities of their business area.
- Maintains SME up to date knowledge.
- Is aware of client contracts and what is W.I.P/’out of scope’.
- Takes overall accountability for the delivery and drives team results.
- Records their time accurately, within deadline. In addition to approving time for others.
- Role model for the team, modelling Group Values and appropriate work ethic.
- Trustworthy team member who considers those around them.
Key knowledge and experience:
- Proven experience partnering with business stakeholders and IT to translate business processes into system requirements. Systems may include in-office and outsourced systems, and candidate must have experience in documenting regulatory controls, and experience with databases, document management, and web-based communication systems
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment requiring proactive partnership with business and regulatory leads to identify and mitigate compliance and operations integration risks and implement strong and timely solutions
- Compliance Regulatory experienced gained at a senior level
- Process Excellence, PMP and/or SCCE certification is preferred
- Experience working establishing compliance controls in Channel Islands businesses (TCB/FSB) required with knowledge of funds and outsourcing regulations
- Experience in working in a multi-national environment preferred
- Ability to influence, negotiate and communicate with both internal and external stakeholders and successfully manage multiple critical time-sensitive work streams in a complex integration simultaneously
Advertised: 11 Jun 2020 GMT Daylight Time
Applications close: 11 Jul 2020 GMT Daylight Time